ESG Ratings & Rankings
K+S presents sustainability performance transparently through environmental, social and governance (ESG) rating/ranking enquiries.
ESG ratings and rankings are a useful tool for us, allowing external bodies to assess the sustainability goals, KPIs, and measures developed, as well as the improvements achieved. ESG ratings and rankings help to:
- Identify and review current trends for the complex requirements in the area of sustainability;
- Define a common quality grade for sustainability requirements;
- Update investment decisions made by investors with a long-term focus;
- Supply content for external stakeholder communication to enhance the company’s reputation;
- Intensify dialogue between the Group’s departments and optimize improvement processes in sustainability management.
In 2019, we took part in the Dow Jones Sustainability IndeX (DJSI) and improved our grading in comparison to the previous year. We also maintained our "A" rating in the MSCI ESG Rating. We were rated "C-" in ISS ESG.
In addition, we participated in CDP’s Water Security and Climate Change program. While in "CDP Climate Change" we got a "C", but we were able to improve to a "B-" in "CDP Water Security" compared to the year before.