Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Management (HSEQ Management)
Health and safety, environment and quality management at K+S protects employees, neighboring communities, customers and nature, as well as ensuring high product quality. Management systems ensure a high process quality as well as the ongoing improvement of the service.
Management systems play an important role in health, safety, the environment and QM both as individual areas and across all of these topics/areas. Harmonizing systems can encourage communication, improve quality and increase efficiency.
Health & Safety
Health and safety at work is based on the Occupational Health and Safety Act and aims at maintaining and improving the health and safety of all employees. We have a holistic, preventive approach to avoid accidents, work-related health problems and occupational diseases. We support the health of our employees in the workplace and promote a responsible attitude towards health and safety.
Risk assessments are the most important process for protecting health and safety at work. Risk assessments help to systematically identify the risks to employees, based on the activity. The goal is to identify and implement the necessary measures in terms of health and safety at work, and to monitor their effectiveness.
- Developing and implementing programs and processes to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations.
- Performing risk assessments
- Planning and implementing safety- and health-related measures
- Selecting and getting suitable protective equipment for employees
- Training and instructing on safety and health issues
- Organization of occupational health precautions
- Organization of first aid in the company
Environmental management/operational environmental protection
The environment departments at the plants act as an interface between the authorities and the Company. The aim is to create a secure legal foundation for the operating business and to continually improve environmental performance. It is very important for K+S that we comply with the law, and efficiency is a goal we have specified for a variety of environmental areas. Various monitoring systems, networks and internal audits help to record and evaluate environmental performance. Communication between the sites and the segments helps K+S to develop standards and best practices.
- Preparing permits and establishing and expanding contacts with authorities and other important stakeholders
- Environmental law enforcement and development of programs and processes to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Introduction, improvement and review of environmental management systems (e.g. according to ISO 14001)
- Monitoring the environmental performance of the sites
- Handling of site-specific environmental issues
- Exchanging experience and working in competence centers and other bodies for the development of standards and best practices
- Due diligence
In terms of quality management, the focus is on ISO 9001 and consistently meeting the requirements associated with quality management. The objective of the quality management department is to manage, develop, constantly improve and document this system. Another task assigned, is determining which processes are required for quality assurance, among other things for the production, marketing and sales departments, as well as with administrative functions such as procurement and human resources. It is possible to ensure and continually improve quality, product safety and consumer protection for the whole value-added chain.
- Designing and describing processes necessary to comply with the quality management methods.
- Providing resources and information for the implementation and monitoring of quality management measures (analysis, measurement, auditing)
- Coordinating the implementation of corrective and preventive measures
- Defining internal guidelines and standards throughout the value chain to ensure quality, product safety, and consumer protection for food, feed, pharmaceutical, and industrial products.
- Project engineer (m/f/d)
- Employees environment (m/f/d)
- Environmental engineer (m/f/d)
- Employees regulatory affairs environment (m/f/d)
- Environmental protection and approval officer (m/f/d)
- Employees occupational safety (m/f/d)
Then take a look at our job offers.
Your entry opportunities
Questions about career opportunities?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!