Finance, tax & insurance
The finance division at K+S is divided into five units which are described briefly below.
One of the things I like about my work day is that it can only be planned to a limited extent, because the structure is very flexible, depending on the tasks to be completed.
Controlling is responsible for the planning, management and monitoring of corporate goals. It also functions as an in-house adviser for the management team. The controlling unit prepares earnings estimates and economic appraisals/calculations, analyzes deviations from planning and bears responsibility for the company’s long-term financial planning. Controllers operate in many different areas, such as Human Resources, Procurement and Logistics.
The employees of the accounting department draw up regulations and develop processes for accounting, and analyze the balance-sheet treatment of complex business transactions. Furthermore, periodic financial reports are prepared, which are made accessible to internal and external addressees. Accounting at K+S also provides support for projects and, for examples, is involved in such specific matters as credit management and receivables management. In addition to this, the employees are responsible for the performance of general bookkeeping tasks in the following areas: debtors, creditors, asset bookkeeping, and financial accounting.
The treasury department is charged with securing the company’s liquidity at all times by ensuring the available funds are optimally available and by procuring necessary external funds on the capital markets. Other key responsibilities of the treasury department are to monitor and hedge against currency and credit risks.
Developing tax strategies, preparing tax plans, minimizing tax risks and overseeing relevant projects: The employees of the tax unit provide advice on the subject of taxes and assist with tax audits or represent the tax interests of the K+S Group.
- Continuous monitoring of compliance with tax compliance regulations
- Accompany tax audits - also as negotiators
- Analyze tax law changes and administrative statements, check their relevance and communicate changed requirements internally.
- Representing the tax interests of K+S externally, e.g. within the framework of association work
- Develop internal transfer pricing principles and coordinate transfer pricing documentation at the global level
The main objective of the insurance unit is to ensure adequate risk and premium insurance coverage for the K+S Group. To minimize risks, the unit finalizes insurance policies and, in this regard, ensures balance sheet protection.
- Compare and test different insurance solutions
- Negotiate and conclude insurance contracts
- Optimize our insurance costs
- Manage property and personal insurance contracts, loss of earnings, liability, and many other insurance policies
- In the event of damage or loss, assert claims for damages against the insurers
- Tax consultant (m/f/d)
- Treasury officer (m/f/d)
- Senior business controller (m/f/d)
- Accounting clerk (m/f/d)
- Employee insurance (m/f/d)
Then take a look at our job offers in finance, tax & insurance.
Your entry opportunities
Questions about career opportunities?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!