Mobile Equipment Operator is one stream of the Operations Progression Program. The successful candidate will engage in a progression program that includes training and rotation to the process areas (Wet and Dry Processing Mobile Equipment) of the site. KSPC believes this multi-area approach results in a deeper level of knowledge, skills, and abilities for the Mobile Equipment Operator.
The Mobile Equipment Operator is part of the production team reporting to the Production Supervisor on shift responsible for the safe operation of all Mobile Equipment and Rail Equipment on site as well as the Cooling Pond Dredge. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate all site mobile, rail, rental equipment, Dredge and fleet vehicles safely and efficiently within the Warehouse, Load Out, Colling Pond and Tailings Management
- Make judgments on the working condition of all equipment and provide recommendations on required repairs or replacement
- Maintain safe working conditions by making correct judgements on product stock pile, ensuring safety of other team members near the work zone, including responsibility to shut down the job
- Monitor standard Dredge operating conditions such as alarms, set-point adjustments, operating parameters and adjust to ensure stable operation
- Troubleshoot and analyze process upset conditions to optimize Dredge output to meet production goals
- Daily up keep of railcars to ensure readiness for loading
- Participate in pre-job planning and conduct pre-operational checks (visual walk-about) for operational safety of equipment
- Determine appropriate equipment to be used for specific application including load capacity and conditions
- Perform routine checks on equipment, minor maintenance and troubleshooting
- Communicate with other Panel/Field Operators and Shift Supervisors to safely start up and shutdown process equipment
- Will be required at times to perform process field operator duties (collecting samples, clearing process equipment, etc)
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Lock Out Lists, and Commissioning Procedures for area
- Perform daily housekeeping during down times (ie. Cleaning product spills, Snow removal, etc)
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 of equivalent education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a heavy industrial environment and in operation of related heavy equipment
- Experience operating Heavy Mobile Equipment (Wheel Loaders, Dozers & Excavators) or equivalent equipment considered an asset
- Experience operating a Dredge, Locomotive
- Knowledge of normal operating parameters (engine temperature, fluid levels, etc) and required mechanical condition (hoses, engine, tires, etc) of equipment
- Ability to communicate using cell phone, two-way radio, telephone and log sheet
- Ability to work alone for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 kg (fork extensions, chains, pads, etc.)
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations
- Mitigates risks within work area, capable of SAFE, independent work
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
- Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
- Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions
- Self-motivated and team focused, interaction with Production and Maintenance teams
- Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures
- Experience with operating control system (i.e. PCS)
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
This is a rotating 12 hour shift position including evenings, weekends, and holidays. You will be required to climb stairs, work from heights and may be required to work in hot humid conditions as well as outdoors during cold weather conditions. The position will require manual effort i.e.: turning valves and periodic lifting of materials and climbing in and out of equipment (etc.)
The job is based in Bethune, SK (Moose Jaw/Regina)
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Feb 19, 2023.
Be part of our team
Apply by 2/20/23