Reporting to the Inspection Supervisor within the Reliability-Plant Engineering team, the QA/QC Coordinator is responsible to help manage and implement the Quality Assurance/Control Program for the Projects & Technology Department.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and implementation of the Projects & Technology (P&T) construction quality management system
- Manage and oversee that KSPC quality standards are adhered to in all P&T construction, manufacturing, and related project phases
- Comply with all regulatory requirements
- Ensure Contractor and/or Supplier Quality Requirements document (or others deemed necessary) is included in Request for Quotation
- Participate in Contractor pre bid meetings and review QA/QC requirements
- Review and approve Contractor’s Quality Program, Quality Plans, Certifications and Procedures based on scope of work in bid proposals
- Proposed improvement changes to KSPC Technical Standards from field & interface with P&T engineering for revision updates
- Generate, implement and revise required procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Review of Contractors site specific ITP’s, QA/QC qualifications/certifications (ex. NDE, welding etc.) Quality Construction Plans, specific testing and quality procedures (ex. WPS, hydro tests, etc.) before fabrication
- Coordinate with P&T Engineering and Procurement to determine QA surveillance level for Vendor supplied equipment
- Review of Contractors Quality documentation periodically during execution, performing Quality audits, performing shop inspections, witness hold points, etc.
- Participate in final inspections of completed scope of work with Contractors and review of Turnover documentation
- Support Technical Document Control on file management and document tracker development to be used for progress tracking
- Exercise professional judgment in identifying, mitigating and dispositioning non-conformances
- Provide support for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Routine shop audits on vendors/suppliers
- Assist in the development of (commercially driven) workflow processes in conjunction with stakeholders
- Ensure documentation is accurate and easily recoverable
- Assist with QA/QC requirements or reviews for Plant Engineering and Maintenance Projects (MOCs)
- Support other departments in maintaining continual compliance with provincial legislation and ensuring technical and quality requirements of pressure equipment are met
- Assist in the transition of newly installed transition over to the in-service inspection group
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Journeyperson Trade in Welding, pipefitting/steamfitting, or diploma in Materials, Mechanical Engineering, or Welding Engineering technology, or combination of Inspection Certifications and experience is required
- Level 2 CWB preferred in combination with experience
- In Service Inspection Certification (API 510, 570, 653) is considered an asset
- Post Secondary education is an asset
- Demonstrated experience with NDE practices
- 8+ years of combined experience in QA/QC and/or asset integrity inspection. Working in the field with mechanical knowledge in other areas of QA/QC is an advantage
- Focus on project QA
- Knowledge in electrical, civil, multi-discipline
- 3-5 years experience leading people
- Ability to prioritize work effectively communicate and engage effectively in a team environment
- Well-developed organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo and SAP
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and challenges throughout the development and execution of projects
- Applies safe and environmentally sound work practices
- Detailed knowledge of the necessary codes, regulations and general Condition Assessment/Inspection philosophies
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
The position is based at our Bethune, SK location (Moose Jaw/Regina).
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Feb 09, 2023.
Be part of our team
Apply by 2/10/23