Reporting to the Sr Manager, Production, this position oversees both the Evaporation & Utilities (EU) operating areas of the Process Plant. With direct control of 24/7 operations for that part of the refinery, the EU Superintendent oversees an operating area with 35 employees and 9 direct reports. With 3 operating boilers and a 15 MW gas turbine/HRSG onsite, this position oversees all self-generated power, steam, air, cooling water/glycol systems in addition to ownership of all Evaporation Plant operating assets.
This position is also designated as “Project Owner” for Bethune’s new Cogeneration Facility, a 2 x 23 MW GTG/HRSG grid connected expansion of the current onsite self-generating capacity, currently in FEL-2. The successful candidate will be crucial in providing technical and operating oversight for this critical asset upgrade, forming the backbone to Bethune’s recently publicly announced multi-year, Ramp-up program. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Evaporation & Utilities areas to achieve production in a safe and economical manner within the statutory requirements of the OH&S Act, Mines and Environmental regulations and TSASK requirements
- Interface strongly with the Sr. Manager, Sustainability and Energy, Maintenance Execution teams, Reliability & Engineering teams, and especially onsite QA/QC staff
- Partner with the additional operating areas of Wet Processing and Dry Processing to maintain production plan
- Provide direction to Utilities and Evaporation Area staff
- Conduct regular internally/externally mandated inspections.
- Maintain the requirements as laid out in the Boiler and Pressure Vessels Act & Regulations
- Maintain collaborative relationships with provincial inspectors
- Actively develop and evaluate the employee skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate assets within the Utilities and Evaporation Areas
- Support Utilities and Evaporation staff to ensure progression of Power Engineering certifications, via appropriate training and evaluation of 2nd & 3rd Class Power Engineers
- Accountable for maintaining and generating the Utilities & Evaporation area budget (annual build, monthly reviews/adjustments)
- Other duties as required
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 1st Class Power Engineer Certificate and several years leading teams in a heavy industrial setting
- Strong computer skills including MS Suite of applications, building presentations, providing business case justifications, accessing PCS/Historian data, familiarity with ABB DCS/Historian related services or similar
- Independent work ethic with proven work performance and constructive, positive attitude
- 7-10 years in a heavy industrial setting, ideally in a solution mining environment with 5+ years in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrates effective relationship building skills (participates. leads in team, actively shares knowledge, respects differences of opinions, receives feedback openly)
- Strong knowledge, understanding and application of Saskatchewan OH&S Regulations and the Boiler & Pressure Vessel Act & Regulations, including ability to interface with TSASK as required
- Candidates with their 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate, requisite operating/leadership experience and are willing/capable of acquiring their 1st Class designation within a reasonable period will definitely be considered
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Feb 05, 2023.
Be part of our team
Apply by 2/6/23