Bring your enthusiasm, vision and expertise to a role where you can really make a difference as a Senior Project Controller. You will participate in developing, establishing, and maintaining the company’s project cost /control systems. You will be responsible for overseeing key control processes for capital projects by managing, analyzing and coordinating financial and budgetary controls, including scope, schedule, and budget. You will be responsible for fostering a culture of proactive communication and continuous improvement. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance the project controls systems and assist the project team from justifying project projects to setting up the complete, accurate project baseline (budget, schedule)
- Actively manage baseline budgets and work breakdown structure to manage hours and expenditures
- Review and analyze the cost & schedule reports with the project team, and suggest corrective actions to maintain reasonable performance/productivity; provide timely feedback to project managers with regards to activities trending away from the baseline or forecast
- Prepare and update project cash flows and forecasts
- Prepare cost reports to ensure cost to date, cost to complete and any variances are accurately reported on a timely basis
- Implement project controls procedures and continuous improvement measures
- Review and report performance using variance analysis, trend analysis, and earned value performance to evaluate the cost and schedule performance over time
- Maintain accurate reporting and tracking on projects to verify the planned value, actual cost, earned value, CPI (Cost Performance Index), SPI (Schedule Performance Index), ETC (Estimate to Complete) and EAC (Estimate at Completion) and assess impacts for changes to baseline/estimates and new forecasted dates/performance
- Identify, notify and propose resolutions, for the deviations from the current plan, including items that have a notable threat impact to project scope, schedule and cost
- Implement and execute methods for effective progress measurement based on the size and complexity of a project
- Assist in preparing reporting packages for project, sponsorship and executive review teams
- Participate in meetings and information sessions with business management and executive management as required
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of related Project/Cost Control experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (project management, finance, or business preferred)
- CPA and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be considered an asset
- Understanding of Scheduling and estimating interfaces with cost engineering
- Good knowledge of budgeting, forecasting final costs and cash flows
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications (Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must
- Excellent planning, leadership, organization and communication skills
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Ability to communicate and interact within all levels of the organization, as well as with Vendors
- Strong task management skills, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- High level organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated success in building trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
The preferred location of this position is Bethune however, this position could work out of our Saskatoon location. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug and alcohol testing.
Be part of our team
Apply by 12/23/22