The Administrative Assistant, People & Organization is responsible for providing exceptional administration services and supporting the People & Organization team. This position communicates with various internal and external client providing support in a highly efficient, accurate and confidential manner. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for applying human resources expertise and assisting in providing a wide range of HR support and advice.
This is a 12-month term position.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in employee recruitment, selection, and orientation activities
- Maintain employee files and ensure that information is accurate in the human resource information system
- Ensure reporting requirements are met by preparing, maintaining, distributing and/or tracking various reports
- Prepare new hire information packets and other HR program information
- Assist with administration of employee benefit
- Research, format development, update and maintain reports, ensuring accountability for the accuracy and recommendations of information collected and content proposed
- Maintain HR files including scanning and uploading files to create digital copies
- Manage and direct incoming communications from employees or external clients
- Run routine HRIS reports and compile statistical and other data from spreadsheets to help prepare reports and documents related to HR programs, including completing data quality, data cleaning activities and supporting these important functions
- Assist with employee and community engagement activities
- Assist with the coordination and administration of training courses as required
- Assist with projects and tasks as required.
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 0-3 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business Administration specializing in Human Resources
- Motivated to gain experience at a professional level in business administration and human resources
- Strong understanding of Human Resource principles and strategies
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to assess situations strategically, think outside the box and deliver results
- Works collaboratively to resolve issues
- Makes initiative and has the ability to handle many projects simultaneously
- Makes sound decisions and recognizes the impact of solutions
- Demonstrates strong customer focus and ability to effectively build relationships while establishing trust, respect and confidence
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook), and using a HR Information System (Workday)
- Working knowledge of SharePoint is an asset
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.