Published on: Dec 8, 2020
As the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for Morton Salt’s Fairless Hills, PA location, this person will be responsible for:
- Leading the Safety and Health program for the facility as well as the Environmental and Sustainability initiatives at this and other facilities in the area.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring site specific environmental, health, safety (EHS), and industrial hygiene policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Responding to, investigating, and managing EHS-related incidents; ensuring proper escalation, root cause analysis, and completion of sustainable corrective actions.
- Ensuring a positive working relationship with EHS agencies and representing facility during agency inspections and completing required internal and external EHS-related recordkeeping and reporting.
- Maintaining all facility environmental permits, initiating modifications, as required, and preparing routine submittals to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensuring facility operational support for Corporate-wide sustainability goals which include energy, water, and waste reduction.
- Continuously improving EHS program through Management Systems (e.g., ISO 14001 & 45001).
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce, and is looking for talented individuals with:
- A Bachelor's degree in safety, engineering, physical sciences or a related field plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in Health & Safety at a manufacturing site or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of environmental permitting and regulations, specifically NSPS, MACT, NPDES, GHS, EPCRA, RCRA, TITLE V, SUBPART OOO and DOT
- Proficiency in performing Industrial Hygiene testing (Noise, CO, Dust, Ventilation, etc.).
- Ability to work non-standard shifts and days based on business needs.
- A team focused individual with a continuous improvement mindset
We Enrich Your LifeThrough a sustainable perspective, unique team spirit and meaningful assignments, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development.
You can look forward to:
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.
Company Health & Wellness Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
Joining an Iconic Brand with Strong Values:
We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.