Supplier Quality Assurance Specialist
Reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager, this person will be responsible for ensuring that packaging material and ingredient suppliers are in compliance with Morton Salt, US FDA regulations, Canadian CFIA regulations, and other industry standards. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the approved packaging material and ingredient supplier list and documentation library for all supporting Supply Chain compliance for FDA and CFIA programs; Support internal facility audits and other internal documentation requests as occasions arise.
- Conducting annual foundational review of suppliers, including contacting and following up with suppliers to ensure all relevant supplier documents are on file, no significant changes in suppliers’ policies and procedures have occurred, and supplier is meeting Morton quality and food safety requirements.
- Determining audit frequency and schedule of suppliers by evaluating material and site risks, reviewing supplier food safety and audit records, and assessing supplier quality performance data.
- Conducting onsite and/or virtual audits of supplier facilities’ quality and food safety policies and practices, including scheduling audits, performing audits, reporting results both verbally and in writing, and assessing effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Identifying suppliers requiring Conditional Approval / Improvement Cycles, tracking and trending audit results to identify continuous improvement opportunities and best practices throughout supply base, and escalating any critical quality issues to Supplier Quality Manager.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and is looking for a future team member with 5 years of supplier quality experience within the food, pharmaceutical or agricultural industry and a Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or other related field. In addition, this individual will have:
- Strong working knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety and Quality Management systems, HACCP, and FDA and CFIA requirements – FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) and HACCP Certification required.
- Demonstrated lead auditor experience in ISO 9001, HACCP/Food Safety, FSMA, and/or GFSI (FSSC 22000, BRC, SQF) audit schemes – Lead Quality/Food Safety Auditor Certification strongly desired, must be able to obtain lead certification within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions in reducing or eliminating issue reoccurrence; Ability to independently evaluate compliance and gaps to requirements through onsite, virtual, and desktop audits – Six Sigma or other continuous improvement/problem solving experience is strongly desired.
- Strong organizational and time managements skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work effectively within a team and individually.
- Experience working with electronic document control systems preferred.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Company Health & Wellness Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.
The location is perfectly situated near expressways and train stations for an easy commute!