Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Policy Manager
Responsible for establishing the governance program for all Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory policies, including establishment of revision histories, document control, policy framework, owners and approvers.
Responsible for the identification, consultation and collaboration with subject matter experts and program owners to review and revise policies, procedures, and 3rd party expectation manuals and quality agreements.
Conducts policy and procedure research to maintain a broad knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and trends in customer requirements.
Responsible for final draft writing of policies and routing of policies for review and approval.
Partner with internal auditing team to incorporate policy requirements into audit standards; Monitor trends in customer and consumer complaints, non-conformances, and third-party audit findings to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in policies.
Collaborate with Regional Quality Managers to develop, execute and deliver policy education, including policy reviews, roll-out plans, training sessions, and other activities to support execution of internal policy development.
Under the guidance of the Sr. Supply Chain Quality manager, responsible for the creation and maintenance of policies, Expectation Manuals, and contract language for raw material and packaging suppliers, contracted manufacturers, 3PL warehouses and transportation partners, and other material or service suppliers to ensure that external partners are an extension of the Morton Quality network.
Collaborate with External Quality Manager and Supplier Quality Manager to develop, execute and deliver policy and expectation education, including reviews, roll-out plans, training sessions, and other activities to support execution of external policy development.
Collaborate with Sr. Corp Quality Manager for Food Safety, responsible for the development of food safety policies, training, and other related food safety activities to support the organization.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or other related science field.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in policy writing and management within the Food, Pharmaceutical or Agricultural industry.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP / Food Safety plans, GFSI and ISO auditing schemes, FDA and CFIA regulations (including Preventive Control for Human and Animal Food, Foreign Supplier Verification, Sanitary Transportation), and regulations regarding the production of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
- Must have previous experience in planning, designing, and conducting policy and procedure research to formulate, develop, implement and revise policies and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with teaching or rolling out new policies throughout all levels of an organization and cultivating strong relationships with key internal and external partners to drive quality initiatives.