Senior Civil and Structural Engineer
As the Civil and Structural (CS) Senior Engineer for the operations team at Morton and Windsor Salt's operations in North America, this role is responsible for planning, developing and implementing processes and procedures that support the North American organizational strategy. The role will focus on optimizing current mining and manufacturing operations while effectively planning for future growth. Additional responsibilities include:
- Act as Project Lead for smaller CS Projects with all Project responsibilities
- Support Project Manager in alignment with the Engineering Manager (Supervisor)
- Ensure quality of CS engineering and design
- Evaluate piping costs and alternatives
- Plan, estimate, and develop schedules for Civil and Structural work in accordance with Project Schedule requirements
- Develop CS cost estimate for projects
- Define, evaluate CS related materials and equipment
- Collect and evaluate owners requirements
- Prepare design criteria, technical specifications and tender specifications for CS work
- Prepare time schedules
- Execute technical negotiations during inquiry phase
- Interface management to infrastructure and to other projects
- Complete Structural Analyses and Design including: Project related FEA calculations, 3D based graphical modeling, Steel deforming analyses, Stiffness and buckling analyses, Plasticity and non-lineal segmental construction analyses Dynamic analyses
Note: this position will require approximately 50% travel. The corporate office is located in Chicago, IL. This position could be located remotely provided there is convenient access to a major airport.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce, and is looking for talented individuals with:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Project Structural/Civil/Architecture work
- Design experience in site development, drainage, grading, site utilities, erosion control and roadway design
- Experience in Structural design and Analyses (FEA)
- Knowledge and ability to perform design work using AutoCAD and Civil 3D and SAP 2000 or similar
- Negotiating skills in order to identify, negotiate, and close on sales and purchase opportunities
- Communication and interpersonal skills to develop industry contacts, establish relationships, influence others’ positions and negotiate outcomes
- Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, under pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions, working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, or procedures
- A high degree of safety and environmental awareness and a drive for continuous improvement
- Experience in salt and/or potash preferred
We Enrich Your LifeThrough a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development. You can look forward to:
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.
Company Health & Well Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
Joining an Iconic Brand with Strong Values:
We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.