Operations Supply Chain Coordinator
As the Operations Supply Chain Coordinator at the Grantsville Facility you would be:
- Responsible for final verification of product inventory vs. product available for scheduled shipments and communicating potential shortages or production delays.
- Communicate and help resolve issues related to dock-time availability, loading issues, and TONU and Detention issues at the Facility.
- Responsible for taking and entering road salt orders from the Utah DOT as well as tracking road salt shipments to all customers.
- Responsible for taking, entering, and shipping orders for the local DSD orders including calling customers to initiate orders and combining multiple orders into single shipments.
- May coordinate facility Drop-and-Hook program as site requirements are needed
- May coordinate facility barge and or railcar deliveries and shipments as site requirements as needed
- Drive continuous improvement related to the facility’s ability to satisfy customer requirements in coordination with the other business partners.
- Provide support for data entry and/or analysis of key KPIs as identified by facility management to ensure internal and external customer expectations are achieved or exceeded.
- Accountable for verification of detention/demurrage/freight invoices
- Responsible for following all Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Accountable for Quality Policy, Procedures and compliance including HACCP principles and Good Manufacturing Practices. Responsible for maintaining required records to ensure compliance
- Backfill Production planner and shipping clerk
- Create and communicate the on-time and in-full report.
- Serve as the backup for inventory control, including ordering and cycle counts
- Manage the local tracking of rails, including communication with the railroad
- Shipping and Receiving: (optional)
- Work to maintain a safe environment that complies with all quality requirements for all warehouse employees as well as truck drivers, inspectors, etc.
- Driver check-in, check-out and process BOL’s
- Perform truck inspections prior to and after loading
- Maintain S/R forms and files
- Verify that all shipments are “ship reported”
- Support all loaders and incoming truck drivers as needed
Process FedEx shipments for samples and special requests
Our Company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce, and is looking for talented individuals with:
- Associates or higher degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent experience in Logistics or Shipping/Receiving.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of supply chain, inventory management and/or product distribution experience.
- Advanced Excel skills, and knowledge of SAP
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Able to maintain strong positive business relationship between Supply Chain and site.
- Able to work independently or across functional and/or matrix team structures.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of key inventory and supply chain performance metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to construct well-written documents that translate data into insights and provide the appropriate level of detail / information.
Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong track record for execution and follow through when managing critical deadlines.
We Enrich Your LifeOperations Supply Chain Coordinator
It's more than just the white, granular seasoning that enhances the flavor of so many foods. Salt is one of the most widely used minerals on earth. It's a natural preservative that inhibits the growth of bacteria, and is an essential element in our diet.
Join a winning team in our Grantsville Facility in the heart of the western desert of the Rocky Mountains, between Salt Lake City, and Grantsville Utah. Our Facility has 130+ employees dedicated to safety, quality and customer service. We produce a large variety of salt for different uses.
We are currently looking for a supply chain professional that will join our Operations Team to act as the facility liaison to Supply Chain Partners, providing verification/support of inventory and help resolve issues related to shipping/receiving of finished product. Responsible for all Warehouse and related Shipping and Receiving responsibilities, as assigned to the facility. This may include responsibility for Drop-and-Hook programs and railcar shipments and deliveries. Manage and direct the salt lake salt service employees and operations.