Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Planning Supervisor, Site Services & Facilities is responsible to mobilize and manage the various contractors on site from a leadership, safety, and performance point of view. This individual works with the other Maintenance Supervisors, Planners and contractors to coordinate the daily work assignments and works according to the weekly maintenance schedule. Ensures contractors are planned and scheduled to support maintenance activities. This individual is the daily interface between KSPC and our maintenance contractor partners, and also is accountable for annual budget forecasts and monthly budget reporting. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet daily with the Scaffolding and Facilities Maintenance contractor onsite leadership to discuss the day’s work fronts
- Assist the area Maintenance Supervisors with ensuring that there needs are met in regards to Maintenance contractors
- Prepare and issue Safe Work Permits as the issue for areas of responsibility according to the safe work permit matrix.
- Inspect completed tasks for compliance to site standards and trade norms.
- Share feedback on completed jobs with the planner to ensure job plans are always being improved.
- Build weekly schedules and ensure compliance to the schedule and work with the production area maintenance coordinators regarding any priority break-in requests.
- Work with Vendors to ensure correct resource requirements are met
- Sign off on daily LEMs for Maintenance contractors, and issue purchase order releases
- Assist in wrench time studies for contractors
- Help to develop and gather information for contractor KPI’s
- Provide direct supervision of the KSPC labour crew.
- Mobilize and manage the Facilities, pest control, signs, waste, water haul and recycling contractors
- Plan the schedule for the next week, provide available Contractor resource-hours
- Identify any systematic or recurring issues with the Reliability Specialist and/or Plant Engineering teams.
- Identify any required work instructions or job aids and assist the contractor in development as necessary.
- Walk down of ongoing work being performed by vendors
- Support annual budgeting forecast process
- Participate in monthly budgeting process
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Journeyperson Trade or Engineering Technologist with 5+ years of combined experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting
- 2+ years’ technical supervisory experience
- Demonstrates well-developed and effective relationship-building skills (participates in a team, actively shares knowledge, respects differences of opinions, receives feedback openly displays a reasoned perspective, and brings resolution to issues while considering all areas of impact
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 17, 2022.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.