As the Maintenance Electrician, High Voltage, you are responsible for the operation and maintenance of high voltage electrical assets and infrastructure. You will be involved in day to day troubleshooting, preventative maintenance activities, and leads any contractor scopes of work on the high voltage assets.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform operation tasks on the high voltage assets such as;
- Setting/adjusting operating parameters of equipment (voltage adjustments, etc.) in conjunction with production and engineering where necessary,
- Perform routine inspections of equipment and areas,
- Assist and manage contractors when necessary,
- Generate LOTO certificates and apply them in the field on high voltage equipment.
- Inspect all new installations performed by contractor trades in the high voltage area to ensure that scopes are completed to site standards and trade norms.
- Maintain high voltage electrical equipment whilst complying with site regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and corrective actions as requested; identify and resolve inefficiencies and potential electrical problems.
- Manage subcontractors during visits from beginning to end, along with any installation of new electrical equipment.
- Ensure that all new and existing documentation is up to date and compliant.
- Engage DCS or QA/QC team, vendors, and plant engineering when required.
- Develop corrective maintenance work instructions and job aids when required.
- Work to identify any systematic or recurring issues. Escalate issues with the Reliability and/or Plant Engineering teams and participate in corrective action processes when required.
- Inspect new capital and major maintenance project installations for compliance with site standards and trade norms.
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 – 8 Years Industrial High Voltage experience with a combination of construction, maintenance and start up experience is preferred
- Electrical Journeyperson certification required
- Within limits, exercises judgment in planning with organization and completion of assignments
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Mitigates risks within work area and demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise.
- Troubleshoots hardwired protection and control systems and assist in troubleshooting software control systems
- Reviews work while mentoring and providing advice and guidance to junior team members on work activities and technical issues
- Computer software and hardware skills
- Influences team members to meet quality control and safety standards
- Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and the safety of others
- Checks the work of others to ensure quality results
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 17, 2022.