Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Contracts, the Contracts Specialist is responsible to provide contracting activity as it applies to the provision of major goods and services required by KSPC. The Contracts Specialist will work with key stakeholders in order to understand their requirements, conduct contractor pre-qualifications, prepare and issuing of bid documents, prepare and distribute proposal addendums, prepare proposal clarifications and complete commercial evaluations, negotiate terms, write and issue award recommendations, write and issue contracts for execution. The position is also responsible for contract post-award activities such as executing contract amendments and supporting contractual conflict resolutions. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the full range of procurement processes for contracts in a cross-functional group environment.
- Develop and implement contract strategies, support and implement negotiating strategy, and execute the management and delivery of successful contracts.
- Serve as primary contact ensuring all aspects of assigned contracts are met, and establish key requirements, measures and protocols to mitigate risks.
- Lead sourcing development for contracts: participate in project kick off meetings, solicit and evaluate bidder proposals, negotiate commercial terms and conditions, provide recommendations for contract award and issue purchase orders and contracts for equipment, materials, service and construction packages with a broad range of criticality and complexity levels.
- Support and advances internal KPI requirements for cost savings, PO cycle time, PO tracking, Inclusion and Diversity initiatives.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years relevant contracts experience, preferably with major projects (>$15M).
- College Diploma or University degree in Business, Accounting, Purchasing or related field.
- Professional certification including one of Supply Chain Certification, SCM Diploma, SCMP Designation, or equivalent.
- excellent computer skills, including ERPs, Microsoft Office. SAP MM and Ariba experience are an asset.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory environment as it relates to contracts and supply chain management.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
This position may be located either in Saskatoon or Bethune, depending on the candidate.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 10, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.