- Must be able to perform laborer tasks such as shoveling, handling and hanging power cable, extend conveyor belt structure, hanging brattice curtain, general cleanup, etc.
- Must know operation of key pieces of mobile equipment such as tractors, pick-ups, LHD, FEL, haul truck, etc. so that they can "fill-in" when needed.
- Must know the operation of stationary equipment such as Crushing/Screening and Bin and Skip.
- Must be familiar with JSA's on both mobile and stationary equipment they are qualified to operate. To be alert for any conditions which could pose a safety hazard or result in injury or equipment breakdown or damage, and to report or correct such conditions immediately.
- Must be able to walk over terrain varying from soft to hard as well as slick and uneven.
- Scales or assists in scaling, as required, on back, face or ribs.
- Make minor repairs or adjustments and assist mechanics in major repairs as directed while operating mobile equipment.
- Fill out inspection sheets, timecards, production, and other reports properly as required.
- Does other related work as directed by the Superintendent or foreman.
- High Scholl Diploma required
- Working knowledge of heavy equipment and tools
- MSHA knowledge preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Works in an underground mine where temperatures in the work areas range from 78o - 100o F. The relative humidity is high in summer and low in winter. Work areas are generally dry. Lighting is provided in key areas, however, most areas are illuminated only by a miners cap lamp and/or by equipment lighting. Floor heave is prevalent and may result in uneven floor conditions. Floors may also be polished by mobile equipment traffic resulting in slippery footing. Some work must be done around machinery and equipment that is in motion as well as around energized power cables. As with all work underground, this position requires attention be paid to roof and rib conditions.
Please list the physical requirements of this position and key work environment constraints: for example "must lift up to 50 pounds", must wear a respirator, must navigate in and out of customer offices, very hot or wet environment.
We Enrich Your LifeJob Description Summary
As directed, performs a variety of tasks from unskilled to skilled and is the labor pool from which additional or vacant bid jobs are filled on a daily, weekly or longer basis.
This is UsWe enrich life through the sustainable extraction and refinement of minerals to indispensable products and through our working environment, which is unique. Because it stands for everything that really matters in life: More trust, teamwork and meaningfulness for more than 14.000 employees in over 90 locations on five continents. Welcome to K+S.
Be part of our team
Apply by 10/28/20