The Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting KSPC’s computer hardware and software systems to ensure high levels of availability, security, and efficiency of the supported business applications. In particular, the Systems Administrator is responsible for the administration, analysis, design, development, and deployment of SharePoint and O365 solutions. Examples of these solutions may include enterprise content management, client-facing portals, custom business process workflows, and business intelligence dashboards. The Systems Administrator will work with all stakeholders to analyze business needs, design appropriate solutions, and manage projects to implement those solutions to meet stakeholder and business value expectations.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the planning, design, and development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications and systems
- Lead the complete software development lifecycle for SharePoint, O365, and other on-premises and cloud-hosted solutions, including analysis, design, configuration, programming, testing, and deployment
- Be the primary architect for all SharePoint/O365 and other software solutions, which includes working with all levels of the business to determine business needs and how to address them with technical solutions
- Provide Tier 2 support for KSPC’s IT software and infrastructure, including trouble ticket resolution, administration, training, and consultation.
- Provide first contact support for incoming requests, phone calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding SharePoint/O365 and systems-related incidents and service requests.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of policies, processes, and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compatibility, interoperability, and integration of in-house and cloud-hosted applications and systems
- Coordinate with network analysts, network security, business applications, business processes, provider management, database administration, and other IT and business functions to implement solutions that utilize industry best practices
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software and hardware products and services
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
- Conduct research on emerging SharePoint/O365 and other appropriate development tools and strategies
- Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and meeting scope and quality expectations
- Oversee all aspects of projects - set timelines, milestones, and deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize project progress, and prepare and present project status reports
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years progressive work experience providing support as a systems administrator, or similar, and expertise in SharePoint / O365 administration and development.
- Accompanying certifications would be considered an asset.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products and documenting business and IT processes
- Specialized technical knowledge of:
- Microsoft SharePoint and O365
- Windows Operating Systems
- Windows Server Technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .NET development
- Microsoft Office Products
- Specialized or technical knowledge of the following would be considered an asset:
- Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI)
- Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Teams
- Robotic Process Automation (e.g., UIPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure administration
- Signavio and Process Intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various levels in the organization
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as international travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by January 17, 2022.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.