The communications specialist is part of the Human Resources and Communications team, and will participate in a wide variety of activities related to internal engagement, public relations and community investment.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the successful implementation of all activities related to internal, external communications, media relations, crisis communications, stakeholder relations, and community investment
- Develop and deliver projects and programs in direct support of the overall communications strategy and company goals
- Support the development and maintenance of strong corporate culture and employee engagement activities
- Support content development, management and strategy implementation
- Support Project and Event management
- Manage stakeholder needs, identifying objectives and aligning projects and programs with overall strategy and company goals
- Establish clear plans and steps for new projects and programs, implementing all planned aspects and concluding on time and on budget
- Improve and update existing programs
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications/Public Relations or Journalism or related education
- 2-5 years’ experience of directly related experience in communications
- Knowledgeable in multimedia technology, public consultation processes and regulatory communication requirements
- Strong writing, spelling and grammatical skills
- Demonstrates ability to write for a variety of media (print and online) and to a diverse audience
- Ability to handle, in a professional manner, pressures and demands from communities and organizations relating to requests for funding, information and other forms of involvement
- Ability to develop a positive working relationship with the media and with the various government and regulatory agencies that need to be informed on corporate development, initiatives and other operational activities
- Understands and demonstrates the need for confidentiality and discretion as it relates to internal and external communication
- Familiar with creative design software (Adobe Suite)
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 24, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
This is UsWe enrich life through the sustainable extraction and refinement of minerals to indispensable products and through our working environment, which is unique. Because it stands for everything that really matters in life: Trust, team spirit and meaningfulness for 11,000 employees at 50 locations on five continents. Welcome to K + S.
Be part of our team
Apply by 10/24/21