Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement and Corporate Affairs, the Government Affairs and Business Strategy Specialist supports the implementation of strategic corporate objectives and programs that relate to government affairs and internal business strategies. This position is responsible for proactively researching government policies and regulations that could impact KSPC’s operations. The position will help formulate relationships with key government offices and will participate in / assist with regulatory consultations, lobby efforts, and government incentive applications. The specialist also helps to inform KSPC representatives in industry association meetings and government bilateral meetings where lobbyist activities are undertaken on behalf of the mining industry and KSPC. This position supports elements related to the Strategic Framework, including developing the schedule, documenting Balanced Scorecard / strategic planning, and supporting KPI reporting. This position supports the KSPC’s Indigenous Relations team, primarily as it relates to engagement with local Indigenous communities and local Indigenous Government representatives.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the implementation of, and continually improve upon, the government relations strategy
- Support the development of sustained relationships with key government offices
- Monitor, analyze and present to management any new legislative / regulatory changes that may impact business operations
- Provide strategic analysis and advice on complex policy issues, including conducting research and drafting succinct briefings and infographics for internal and external stakeholders
- Identify, analyze, and track the progress of legislation and regulation development within the Provincial and Federal government
- Research new and emerging clean technologies that can support the long term sustainability of KSPC
- Research government incentive programs and related requirements; coordinate relevant application submissions, as applicable
- Research legislation and regulations in other jurisdictions for comparative analysis (e.g., Canadian provincial, foreign national, and foreign state governments)
- Create and prepare written materials (e.g., key messages for government affairs issues, legislative and regulatory submissions, comments, letters of support, reports, etc.)
- Organize advocacy activities with KSPC leadership, industry associations, etc., as required
- Organize meetings with local Indigenous community leaders, as required
- Represent KSPC in meetings with Industry Associations, civil servants, elected government officials, and Indigenous communities
- Support technical coordination of strategic business processes
- Participates in special projects, as assigned
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Administration and / or Business (or related field)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within diverse teams
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 29, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.