DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A list of the principal functions of the job to include an action-oriented description of each activity along with the desired outcome against which some measurement of performance can be applied.
- Quality inspections of equipment, materials, and processes.
- Routine HACCP (FSP) inspections.
- Calibration of laboratory and foreign material detection equipment, where applicable.
- Completing analytical test method validation studies.
- Maintains QC document storage and backup system.
- Responsible for analytical testing of in-process and finished product testing according to prescribed procedures and logging of data into database.
- Conducts plant inspections of both product and processes, as prescribed by Quality Manager.
- Responsible for testing of incoming materials and ingredients according to testing schedule.
- Performs all duties in safe manner observing all EHS standards and laboratory safety guidelines.
- Performs and maintains records of preventative maintenance for all laboratory equipment on prescribed basis.
- Provides back-up support for other Quality technicians on an as needed basis (including vacation/absence coverage).
- Documents, assembles and maintains all quality related documents in a legible manner according to documentation protocols.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Specifies the general background required of a jobholder to be successful in the position by summarizing the qualifications and educational background necessary for satisfactory performance of the job. The items listed here should include specific references to the number of years of work experience in the applicable field, level of education desired, professional certifications and/or association affiliations required, technical skills, etc.
- Highly self-motivated, energized and able to work independently, show initiative, and drive positive change in systems, processes, and culture.
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support including weekend operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and challenging site environment.
- Must be a US or Canadian Citizen or authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience Requirement
- High School diploma with relevant experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Minimum of three (3) years related lab experience preferred.
- Experience with HACCP, GMPs and BRC preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that a jobholder would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent exposure to industrial operations such as temperature changes, dust derived from processing, moving machinery and equipment such as front-end loader/forklift, moisture.
- Light to moderate physical lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds required.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.
- Work performed in a plant environment.
- Maintain composure in dealing with internal and external staff, government authorities, customers, vendors, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
We Enrich Your LifeThe Quality Technician is accountable for testing and inspecting products/processes at various stages of production. Evaluates statistical data for reasonability, to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Ensures food safety, legality, quality and authenticity of all products produced
This is UsWe enrich life through the sustainable extraction and refinement of minerals to indispensable products and through our working environment, which is unique. Because it stands for everything that really matters in life: More trust, teamwork and meaningfulness for more than 14.000 employees in over 90 locations on five continents. Welcome to K+S.
Be part of our team
Apply by 5/26/21