Quality Control Technician in New Iberia, La. at Morton Salt
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field, preferred
• Computer proficient in utilization of MS Office (Word, Excel); SAP
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in testing background preferable in an production environment..
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rotating shifts 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm & 11:00 pm to 7:00 am
We Enrich Your LifeResponsible for high level Quality Inspection, testing and support for all rock grades, agricultural, product and material operations.
• Accountable and responsible for daily input of data and generation of product COA’s; in addition to manual generation of COA’s in SAP.
• Accountable and responsible for monitoring GMP guidelines and quality systems related to production.
• Accountable and responsible for finished product quality sampling, inspection, testing and control of all rock products
• Responsible for magnet inspection documentation distribution, collection and review.
• Responsible for routine magnet and scalping screen HACCP inspections.
• Responsible for the calibration of laboratory equipment.
• Responsible for the routine measurement of HACCP program magnet strength.
• Responsible for completing analytical test method validation studies.
• Maintain QC document storage and backup system.
• Responsible for analytical testing of in-process and finished product testing according to prescribed procedures
• Conducts plant inspections of both product and processes, as prescribed by QC Manager
• Responsible for testing of incoming materials and ingredients according to testing schedule
• Performs all duties in safe manner observing all EHS standards and laboratory safety guidelines
• Tests, documents and maintains laboratory fume hood exhaust testing on prescribed basis
• Provides back-up support for other QC technicians on an as needed basis
• Documents, assembles and maintains all quality related documents in a legible manner according to documentation protocols
• Responsible for the generation, review, and revision of SOPs, WI’s and forms, as assigned by QC Manager
• Responsible for providing testing assistance for in plant troubleshooting related to foreign material events or salt issues.
• Responsible for preparing test chemical solutions.
• Responsible for maintaining laboratory cleanliness and housekeeping.
• Responsible for assisting with internal audits of the facility.