Reporting to the Procurement Analyst you will be responsible for the management and governance of all material master data for KSPC. This responsibility includes organizing all information related to Procurement, Vendor and Manufacturer data for inventory spare parts that require material numbers. The position is required to interface with all departments within KSPC and to use 3rd Party information management systems to obtain the appropriate information. The position is responsible for maintaining, enforcing, and continually improving upon KSPC’s Material Master Data creation criteria and inventory cycle counting processes. There are strict rules regarding Material Master data in SAP and attention to detail is crucial in this position. Also responsible for the optimization and maintenance of accurate and sufficient quantities of materials inventory on hand to support the day to day operation of the Bethune operations in the most economic, efficient and effective way possible. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the overall material codification workflow and taxonomy application
- Work with other department end users to ensure quality material data
- Correspond with vendors and manufacturers to confirm material data
- Complete and crosscheck data entries in material master data request spreadsheet
- Maintain, enforce, and continuously improve upon the material number creation process
- Act as a resource to others relating to inventory or master data inquiries
- Continuously improve upon existing master data by reviewing for anomalies and updating as required
- Timely release of items to the reorder system once minimum stocking levels are breached
- Review and update automated MRP batch run based on delivery dates in order confirmations
- Maintain online cataloguing systems for all items carried in inventory
- Set and maintain the optimum stocking levels for all inventory items taking into consideration usage and lead time
- Provide stocking level recommendations to M&R based on consumption and lead times
- Manage Cycle count process, create documents, review and post discrepancies base on authority
- Submit count sheets and back up data to external auditors related to inventory postings
- Manage external refurbishment and fabrication for M-numbered materials
- Manage the OS&D process, act as the liaison between vendors and procurement to resolve issues
- Record and track OS&D for monitoring NCR requirements
- Assists in the analysis and coordination of vendor material returns
- Monitors KPI for inventory trends related to total inventory value, inventory turns and obsolescence
- Prepares reports and correspondence for department KPI
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners
- Consistently apply industry best practice to make appropriate recommendations and decisions
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- College Diploma or University degree in Business, Accounting, Expediting, Purchasing or related field
- Certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- SAP MM experience is a benefit
- Strong aptitude for working with software and ERP data
- Strong organization skills
- SAP is considered an asset
This is a 18 months term position.
The preferred location of this position is Saskatoon however, this position could work out of our Bethune (Regina/Moose Jaw) location. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.