Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, this position will provide support to Operations to resolve short and long term process issues, complete process design scope for production area projects; work to improve process efficiency and be responsible for technical aspects of the process for production areas. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure process operational issues are resolved by working with departments in an expedient and sustainable fashion
- Completion of thorough, accurate and timely process modeling with software's such as Minitab, SysCAD, Arena, Fathom, EXCEL
- Work with the production areas as a key contact for process changes
- Process design analysis & defining project scopes, ensuring timely and concise reporting as required (verbal and written) for projects, improvements and presentations
- Collaborate with process engineering team, engineering disciplines, process operations, design, maintenance and Process Analytics Lab employees to ensure thorough, accurate and timely process modeling and process efficiency improvements
- Evaluate and analyze key process variables at reasonable frequencies (daily/weekly/monthly control charts) and provide input for areas of potential improvement
- Assist process engineering team to define long- and short-term project needs aligned with production plans
- Assisting with operation readiness of upcoming projects within the production areas
- Assisting with TapRoot and RCA investigations assigned to process engineering team
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial & Mineral/Metallurgical engineering
- 1-2 years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting, potash experience preferred
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) certification or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status with APEGS
- Process modeling and VBA experience an asset
- Interpersonal skills including problem solving and consensus decision making, technical evaluation, report writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs including EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint, Visio, SAP
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 26, 2023.