Reporting to the Project Planner Lead, you will be responsible to meet respective Operations Interface, LOTO/Permitting & Commissioning requirements for P&T to ensure the safe planning and execution of all projects. The goals are to protect both our personnel and our assets. This role is involved in all projects and works closely with the Project Planner Lead, Operations, Project Execution Lead and Construction Coordinators.. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Project Planner to match our P&T Department goals and objectives
- Support any and all projects as assigned through P&T. These may occur in the WF, plant and at times involve maintenance/operational projects as required or assigned
- Assist with the LOTO and permitting plans for wellfield projects, capital projects as well as any major maintenance projects (MOCs) supporting the Project Planner, Project Execution Leads & Construction Coordinators
- Participate in project close out; Lessons Learned, Change Management resolution, etc.
- Support the Bethune Site HSSE efforts throughout all stages of construction and commissioning
- Set a high personal safety standard
- Keep HSSE requirements in mind throughout the construction and commissioning completions work looking for ways to improve safety at all stages and into the future operations of the facility
- Specific responsibilities/General tasks within Operation Interface; identify outage requirements for all projects, maintain Downtime Tracking Tool to capture all P&T Projects requirements, coordinate the LOTO interface within the operating process facility, etc.
- Specific responsibilities/General tasks within Commissioning Planning & Execution; identify manpower requirements to allow for budgeting and SOW creation, provide info to assist Ops Readiness development, assist Project Planner with Construction & Commissioning Execution Plan development, etc.
- Specific responsibilities/General tasks for LOTO support; conduct, implement and coordinate energy isolation LOTO as required, assumes LOTO Captain or Authority duties for P&T owned assets, as required, ensure proper protocols and tracking methods are adhered to for all construction and commissioning owned lock outs, etc.
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Over 12 years experience in Commissioning & LOTO/permitting
- Previous experience in an industrial facility, preferably in Operating & Commissioning
- Journeyman Trade Certification is preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in Supervision, Coaching and Mentoring
- Self-motivated, with a high level of commitment and energy in order to handle high volumes of work / issues that need to be addressed in tight time frames
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and organizational skills
- OH & S Levels 1 & 2
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Feb 04, 2023.
Be part of our team
Apply by 2/4/23