Reporting to the the Superintendent, Maintenance Planning, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning preventive maintenance schedules as well as corrective maintenance tasks in an operating area. This position ensures that it is possible anytime to perform, in the right time, with the right means, all required mechanical, welding and pipefitting maintenance tasks. The position also ensures that all the proper resources and materials are assigned to the tasks and stays within determined budgets.
- Ensures that K+S Potash Canada is at all times in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Environmental Rules and Regulations and Internal Laws and Policies
- Ensures that all planned activity stays within allotted budget and no overruns occur
- Ensures that all maintenance tasks, either preventive or corrective for mechanical, welding and pipefitting are planned in the right time with the right means. This will include submission of SRM based on work order priorities, utilization of the M number system to reserve parts, proactive planning (2-3 weeks out) and budget development
- Ensures that maintenance spare parts are available at the right time, the right place and are to the company’s specifications
- Develop a partnership with production/operations, purchasing, engineering and other key stakeholders in the planning and scheduling process
- Ensures that the best practices are used to record, plan, supply, launch, follow and analyze all maintenance tasks performed by maintenance personnel
- Analyzes gap between planning and reality in order to improve processes
- Works with the Maintenance Supervisor and the Area Production Supervisors in order to improve the availability of equipment
- Analysis completed tasks and ensures any necessary changes are implemented after task completion to ensure better efficiencies
- Works with the Reliability Supervisor in order to ensure that SAP CMMS is always up to date
- Works in close collaboration with the Reliability Specialist group team so that ensuring the spare part list and BOM for each asset are always accurate and updated and that SAP CMMS is always up to date
- Works in close collaboration with the respective Maintenance Supervisor so that the consumable needed are always available
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Journeyperson Trade or Engineering Technologist with 5+ years of combined experience
- 8+ years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting
- Demonstrated experience in conflict management
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of the work flows and procedures that have to be followed and maintained
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very competent in MS Word, Excel, Project. Competency in SAP and planning software is an asset
The position is based in Bethune, SK (Regina/Moose Jaw).
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Feb 07, 2023.
Be part of our team
Apply by 2/8/23