Reporting to the Reliability & Plant Engineering Superintendent, the Sr Reliability Specialist builds programs to ensure the reliability and maintainability of equipment and safety systems, and enables the capture of reliability-based data to guide informed decision making. The Sr Reliability Specialist mentors and oversees a team of Predictive Maintenance Technicians and discipline-based Reliability Specialists, ensuring programs are administered as intended. They interface strongly with other Departments to advance a Reliability-based culture at KSPC. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee a team of Reliability Specialists and Predictive Maintenance Technicians, whose primary function is to proactively put measures in place to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. While a Lead role is taken in developing programs for rotating mechanical, instrumentation and electrical systems, the Reliability team also applies their tools to support advancement of integrity programs for static mechanical and structural, whose programs are led by other members of the Reliability & Plant Engineering team. Support for the Port Moody facility may also be required on an as-needed basis.
- Own and oversee the administration of the Life Cycle Asset Management process.
- Ensure that Asset Maintenance Plans are professionally and systematically created, and include:
- Establishment of Functional Location (FLOC) structure in SAP
- Equipment criticality analysis
- Facilitation and documentation of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks, including all PM specific work instructions, templates and checklists (in collaboration with the Execution Specialist)
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Effective Spare Part strategies, including Bill of Material (BOM) structure, population of BOMs, M-number creation, defining inventory stocking levels and preservation strategy
- Ensure systematic and timely use of the following processes, whose collective goal is to eliminate repetitive failures and other problems (including capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues):
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Non-Conformities (NCR)
- Provide input into repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
- Oversee the capture of reliability-based data on KSPC assets. Monitor and audit reliability initiatives and report out on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for high criticality and Bad Actor assets.
- Interface with other Departments to advance a Reliability-based culture at KSPC.
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- A.Sc, BSc. Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Controls or equivalent experience
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) certified
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong and fluent written and verbal skills in English
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and continually refine best-practice programs and policies related to subject matter
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment as applicable to subject matter
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by December 15, 2022.