The Communications Specialist is part of the Communications team and reports to the Senior Communications Specialist. This is a Communications generalist role that is expected to provide communications support and/or strategies related to varying internal and external communications, and employee engagement and community investment activities. This position is a three-year term with the possibility of extension. This position may be located at our Saskatoon or Bethune site.
This is a 3-year term position.
- Develop and deliver high-quality, timely and effective communications support and/or strategies for a variety of projects, programs, and events for internal and external audiences
- Monitor the impact of communications by identifying appropriate success metrics and analyzing trends and patterns using analytics using available measurement tools
- Connect and collaborate with leaders and subject-matter experts to ensure communications align with overall business goals and priorities
- Develop compelling, polished content across multiple media for varying audiences
- Provide support as needed to Communication activities such as social media, media relations, crisis communications, internal/external events, brand awareness/development, and community investment
We enrich your life
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
Skills and attributes for success
- A positive team-player with a strong desire to learn and collaborate as part of an integrated team
- Solutions-oriented with a growth and “think outside the box” mindset, focused on proactively bringing forward actionable ideas
- A strong business acumen with the ability to navigate a complex and changing business environment in the resource sector
- Ability to effectively communicate, and build/maintain strong and trusted relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables with well-developed prioritization and time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as required; ability to operate with a sense of urgency while delivering excellent quality
- Have post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related education
- Five+ years of experience working in a Communications, Marketing or Public Relations role
- Strong understanding of Communications best practice, planning and implementation
- Proven ability to provide communications support and/or strategies based on business need
- Proven ability to write for target audiences to inspire desired actions and behaviors
- Proficient in using web-based tools and Microsoft Suite applications, including Teams and SharePoint
- Strong skills and knowledge in social media including audiences, channels, content and analytics would be considered an asset for this role
The preferred location of this position is Saskatoon, however the candidate could work out of our Bethune location (Regina or Moose Jaw). Flexible work arrangement will be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.