Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, The Tool Attendant will, as part of the Maintenance & Reliability team, be responsible for organization and maintaining of tool crib inventory/records, purchasing of tools across site, organization of annual compliance, participating in consumable program and working with outside venders to provide proper inventory for site. This position may work a 24/7 shift rotation during shutdowns. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all maintenance tasks in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Environmental Rules and Regulations and Internal Policies
- Ensure that any relevant Permits, Hazard Assessments, LOTO and Isolation forms have been properly prepared and completed prior to start of work
- Communicate and Report any deficiencies or corrections noticed during routine maintenance and inspections
- Ensure all equipment is redeemed or located to secure control of the tool crib
- Perform periodic inventory checks to maintain inventory of tools and equipment
- Work directly with outside contractors during minor and major maintenance turnarounds
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback and corrections as required
- Participate in maintaining, development, execution and on-going operation of an Inspection, Maintenance and Re-certification program
- Participate in safety working groups and training
- Participate and support of KSPC Safety Committee
- Work directly with outside venders for compliance of tools and purchase of tools and quotations.
- Participate in site consumable programs to ensure all operations are able to perform routine tasks
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years’ Industrial experience in a Manufacturing/mining operation
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedure
- Exercise good judgment in planning, organization and completion of assignments
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
- Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
- Provides guidance to ensure safe operating procedures (SOP’s) are accurate and up to date
- Influences team members to meet quality control and safety standards
- Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and safety of others
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by September 30, 2022.
Be part of our team
Apply by 9/30/22