Reporting to the Specialist, you will be a part of the production team and responsible for the safe operation of the Production Area Equipment. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be enrolled in the KSPC Operations Progression Program, this learning and development program will provides the opportunity to progress through all Production Process Areas, which will allow enhanced knowledge and skills to excel as a Production Operator
- Monitor standard operating conditions such as field alarms, set-point adjustments, operating parameters and adjust to ensure stable operation
- Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
- Troubleshoot and analyze process upset conditions to optimize production
- Input operational information into shift logs and enter maintenance notifications into SAP system to initiate repairs
- Perform preventative and maintenance measures on process equipment
- Communicate with other Process Operators and Shift Supervisors to safely start up and shutdown process equipment
- Communicate with other process areas to ensure stable operation and report process upset conditions
- Perform routine checks on equipment
- Isolate and Lock Out process equipment for maintenance work and safe return of equipment to service
- Perform area cleanup as required to maintain high housekeeping standards and limit maintenance and reliability tasks in the area as required
- Input operational information into shift logs
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Lock Out Lists, and Commissioning Procedures for area
- Area sampling with samples taken to the lab to ensure process is within operating parameters and production of quality product
- Responsible for personal safety along with co-workers, reporting of safety and environmental incidents, continual improvement for safe and environmentally responsible product
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ operating in a process facility
- Potash or solution mining experience considered an asset
- Ability to read/write and comprehend technical instructions and documents including technical reports and procedures
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Mitigates risks within work area
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
- Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
- Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions
- Self-motivated and team focused
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures
- Demonstrates effective analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately identify and resolve safety and service issues
- Experience with MS Office, SAP or other CMMS
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
This is a rotating 12 hour shift position including evening, weekends, and holidays. Required to climb stairs and may be required to work in hot humid conditions as well as outdoors during cold weather conditions. This position will require manual effort i.e.: turning valves and periodic lifting of materials.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by September 30, 2022.