The Project Engineer/Coordinator is responsible for managing projects through various life cycle phases from early development of concepts through commissioning and follow up/troubleshooting. You will prepare work scopes, budgets, schedules, and resource allocation plans for multi-disciple resources, incorporating best practices in safety, cost control, risk analysis and schedule stewardship to ensure the safe, timely completion of projects within budget requirements. This individual would work closely with KSPC Engineering, Execution, Project Management, Maintenance, Operations and Logistics to define the scope of each project based on the requirements of the KSPC stakeholders for required outcomes of each project. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support engineering management for Projects FEL 0 – Detailed Engineering Project Phases
- Supports the PM team with the overall planning for Projects FEL 0 – Execution Project Phases
- Maintain close working relationship with Operations and Maintenance, Discipline Engineers, Project Engineers, Project Management and Project Execution teams
- Assists with development of design criteria and standards
- Prepare tender packages for Engineering, Construction and Equipment supply
- Coordinates technical clarifications and negotiations in Tender process
- Facilitates Technical Bid analysis process.
- Coordination for construction execution RFIs
- Manage and control projects to ensure that objectives are met in an economical and timely manner, and that applicable standards, procedures and quality control requirements are either developed or met as required
We enrich your life
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- B.Sc Engineering (P.Eng or EIT)
- Engineering Technologist (A.Sc.T preferred)
- 3+ Years of Industrial Project Experience
- Experience in project management
- Experience in construction management
- Experience in engineering management
- A strong commitment to safety
- Self-motivated with proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
TEmployment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 14, 2022.