Chemist - Technical Services
We are seeking an Analytical Chemist with a strong ability to solve quantitative chemical problems using a variety of techniques. The ideal candidate would have a strong expertise in multiple instrumentation techniques and their application to solve chemical problems. Familiarity in other spectroscopic and analytical techniques is preferred. In this position the Analytical Chemist will conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of salt products according to the company’s quality procedures. In addition, there is an expectation that the analytical chemist will standardize and improve methods where applicable. Duties will include analysis of salt and related products using ICP-OES, HPLC, GC, Dissolution, AA, UV-Vis, and Wet Chemical Analysis. Method development and validation is also a major part of this role and as such it is expected that individual will train plant chemists on an as needed basis.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Designs, develops and validation of analytical methods for the solution of technical problems. Able to work with a degree of independence.
- Prepares and analyzes products to determine chemical and physical properties, identity, content and purity.
- Conducts research on manufactured products to develop, improve and validate test procedures.
- Troubleshoots instrument and collaborated closely with client personnel regarding research, procedures performed, related results, and prepares technical papers and reports.
- Documents work in a clear and organized manner, with a high attention to detail.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and conducts periodic safety audits.
- Ensures all appropriate work is performed in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Performs system maintenance with ability to problem solve on instrumentation and perform calibrations to ensure equipment is operating with specified requirements.
- Performs work at a level to be considered subject matter expert. As subject matter expert, works very closely with Quality Assurance and Lab Management to design and/or improve standard operating procedures and/or training programs.
We Enrich Your LifeThrough a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development. You can look forward to:
Company Health & Wellness Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.