Supplier Quality Engineer
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Supply Chain Quality, this person will be responsible for driving continuous improvement and risk reduction with underperforming and business critical raw material and service suppliers. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating quality improvement plans, expectations and requirements to underperforming or at risk suppliers.
- Driving corrective actions or other continuous improvement efforts with suppliers to reduce risk or close gaps in compliance to Morton quality and/or food safety requirements.
- Ownership of Vendor Notification systems: Identifying trends, establishing threshold and requirements for Supplier Corrective Action Reports, and driving long term corrective and preventive actions.
- Assessing suppliers’ capability to meet established specifications, establishing critical to quality checks at supplier facilities, developing incoming material checks at Morton receiving facilities, and driving continuous improvement through quality review with suppliers.
- Measuring and evaluating supplier performance against established KPIs to identify and drive improvement activities.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and is looking for a future team member with 5 years of quality assurance, quality engineering, or continuous improvement experience within the food, pharmaceutical, or agricultural industry and a Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or other related field. In addition, this individual will have:
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating strong relationships and leading external partners through problem solving, troubleshooting and program development and implementation to drive continuous improvement quality initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing six-sigma, quality engineering, or other continuous improvement tools to improve quality performance with external partners; Ability to assess effectiveness of corrective and preventive controls in reducing or eliminating issues reoccurrence – Six Sigma and/or Certified Quality Engineer certification required.
- Strong working knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety and Quality Management systems, HACCP, and FDA and CFIA requirements – FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Certification required.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical principles for evaluating performance, establishing testing requirements, and assessing improvements to meeting specifications.
- Demonstrated experience with delivering results through problem solving, team building, planning, decision making, influencing and driving compliance to standards and specifications, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement, with internal facilities and external partners.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Company Health & Wellness Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.
The location is perfectly situated near expressways and train stations for an easy commute!