Quality Control Laboratory Technician
As the Quality Laboratory Technician for the Quality Control Team at Morton Salt, Inc. in Port Canaveral, FL, this person will be responsible for:
- ensuring compliance with all QC requirements and providing leadership to drive continuous improvements in product quality
- tests PMI and product at specified stages in production process, and tests finished products for variety of quality specifications, such as particle size and chemical characteristics, recording test data, applying statistical quality control procedures
- recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
- enters data into computer for analysis
- maintains communication with Production Supervisor and/or Production Technicians on status on testing and releasing of finished goods, disposition of out specification product; status of production paperwork, and other general quality information
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Familiarity with Laboratory testing equipment
- Bachelor's degree (BS. or BA.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We Enrich Your LifeThrough a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development. You can look forward to:
Company Health & Wellness Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.