As the Senior Geologist for the operations team at Morton and Windsor Salt's operations in North America, you are responsible for planning, developing and implementing processes and procedures that support the North American organizational strategy in coordination with internal business partners. Your role will focus on optimizing current mining operations while effectively planning for future growth. You will also perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate geological function activities across the network of mines in the US and Canada
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and techniques necessary to achieve the strategic objectives of the mining group
- Develop recommendations for improvements that increase product uniformity and reliability
- Manage the development and maintenance of geological standards
- Support in Rock Mechanics, ground control, 3-D modelling, reserve calculations, exploration campaigns, geological assessments
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce, and is looking for talented individuals with:
- Bachelor Degree in Geology or Engineering (Geological or Mining Engineering); Advanced degree preferred
- Professional certification strongly preferred (Geologist or Professional Engineer)
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the fields of Geology and Mining Engineering
- Experience in Salt or Potash Mining preferred
- A high degree of safety and environmental awareness and a drive for continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to travel in the United States and Canada approximately 25-50%.
We Enrich Your LifeThrough a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development.
You can look forward to:
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.
Company Health & Wellness Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
Joining an Iconic Brand with Strong Values:
We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.