Quality Control Technician
At Morton Salt in Hutchinson KS, the lab technician tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as particle size and chemical characteristics. Selects and tests package material and ingredients for adherence to specifications.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Performs GMP/sanitation inspections and environmental inspections and analyses.
- Maintains communication with Operations supervisory personnel on status of testing and releasing of finished goods, disposition of out-of-specification product, status of testing by operations personnel and general quality and environmental information.
- Responsible for HACCP Analysis and communicating any related HACCP issues to the QC Manager/Quality Specialist and Operations Management team.
This is a rotating, 8 days on, 6 days off, evening/night shift position.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree (B. A.) or Associates degree with equivalent training/experience
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We Enrich Your LifeMorton Salt
South Hutchinson Kansas
A salt evaporation crystallization plant
Through a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development. You can look forward to:
Company Health & Well Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.