Controls System Specialist
Published on: Oct 6, 2020, Updated on: Oct 28, 2020
As the Controls Engineer for the Engineering team at Morton Salt in Silver Springs, NY, this person will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing projects throughout the plant, including cost estimations, submittals, coordinating installation with production and maintenance, preparing documentation, develop SOP’s and assist in related employee training
- Working with other engineers/project managers by managing electrical and control components of plant projects
- Providing electrical and controls support for the production operations and maintenance departments, including troubleshooting control and electrical issues and problem resolution as they relate to equipment and process downtime, throughput improvement, and or any safety concerns
- Working with the IT group to modify and/or update PLC programs and communication programs as they relate to our plant network
Our Company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and is looking for talented individuals with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology (or related fields with applicable experience)
- Five (5) years in Control Engineering preferred
- PLC knowledge and programming experience: Rockwell, OPTO, AB, Cognex vision, HMI, and low voltage power systems & instrumentation
We Enrich Your LifeThrough a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development. You can look forward to:
Company Health & Well Program:
We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.
You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.