Reporting to the Controller, Operations, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing timely and accurate management information and analysis that facilitates local decision making at the Bethune Site. This role will work with area leaders in the development of budgets and forecasts and will conduct financial analysis, modelling, and reporting to facilitate site decision making. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for reporting and analyzing of variances, identifying trends, risks and opportunities to the functional leadership for use in decision making.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide financial leadership in cross functional teams
- Provide financial variance analysis, trending, identifying cost drivers and other insights into financial results including how this affects future financial decisions of the site
- Serve as a key resource in the compilation of budgets and forecasts, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and information used
- Develop reports and provide analysis to support senior leaders with decision making
- Anticipate and clarify future issues, risks and opportunities, recommending corrective actions to meet plan
- Coach and train budget owners to enhance cost awareness, accountability and forecasting accuracy
- Identify, lead and support improvements to business process and interfaces within the finance function and cross functionally
- Analyze inventory and variable costing related expenses throughout the month
- Responsible for supporting month end procedures including preparation of journal entries, area cost and classification review and variance analysis
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA Designation
- Advanced knowledge of financial Planning, financial modeling and management reporting
- Experienced in advanced data analytics, querying and reporting
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with in-depth knowledge of Excel and Analytical Tools
- Experience with SAP/BW, HANA, and larger ERP systems considered an asset
- Minimum 5 experience in Finance Operations, Manufacturing or Mining Environment is preferred
- Demonstrated time management skills, and ability to prioritize when involved with multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Demonstrates fluency in English orally and in written form
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 14, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.