Reporting to I&C department, you will be responsible for instrumentation support, within the plant and wellfield areas. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review of instrumentation systems and engineering, drawings and documents in terms of feasibility, standards, codes, and K+S quality specifications
- Design, specify, size, and select measurement and control devices
- Design, issued for construction, detailed engineering packages, including instruments, wiring and installation details
- Maintain and update K+S Legacy site design specifications and installation typicals for instrumentation
- Coordinates with the drafting supervision and technical engineers to maintain and modify in conjunction with KSPC’s management of change procedures
- Assist when required the maintenance department in the development of instrumentation maintenance procedures and plans
- Evaluate new and existing technologies for their applicability to K+S Legacy’s measurement and control needs
- Guide lifecycle planning efforts for critical instrumentation and specialty analyzers
- Ensure that KSPC is at all times in compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental regulatory and internal laws and policies
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Instrument Engineering Technology Diploma (or Bachelors/Masters in the related field)
- 10+ years with focus on instrument specification and design supplemented by field and maintenance experience
- Registered or eligible for registering with SASTT as an Applied Science Technologist
- Experience in heavy industry is preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures
The position is based at our Bethune plant.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 26, 2022.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.