Heavy Duty Mechanic
As a Heavy Duty Mechanic for the Maintenance team at K+S Windsor Salt’s Ojibway Mine in Windsor, Ontario, this person will be responsible for:
- Safe repair, assembly, and rebuilding of machinery and equipment
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical issues
- Completing preventative maintenance requirements in a timely manner
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Contributing to the maintenance team by accomplishing other duties as assigned
Our company vales and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and is looking for a future team member with 3-5 years experience working in a mining, quarrying or construction environment with equipment such as Frontend Loader, Excavator, Forklift, conveyor belts, screens and crushers. The successful candidate must be a mechanically-inclined, comfortable troubleshooting processing equipment in a fast-paced environment, be a safety-conscious team player and able to work a rotating shift schedule.
In addition, this individual will have:
- Truck and Coach Technician License (310T)
- Experience with technological applications for equipment diagnostics
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Certification (421A) would be considered an asset
K+S Windsor Salt Ltd. Complies with the AODA in all steps of its recruitment process.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
We offer a very competitive health and dental plan, as well as, a defined contribution pension plan and group life insurance package.
Being the world’s largest salt producer, we offer a challenging work environment while still focusing on teamwork and a family-like environment.
You even get your birthday off!