The Community Investment specialist is part of the People and Organization department and will be responsible for managing K+S Potash Canada's community investment program, including sponsorships, donations, employee giving and our Youth + Us strategy. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete oversight of the community investment program and associated partnerships and community relationships, including but not limited to: budget management and reporting; campaign management; partnership activation; stakeholder engagement; management of incoming requests; contract management and benefit expectations; and associated internal and external promotion and communication
- Actively seek out and negotiate meaningful stakeholder opportunities aligned with our strategy
- Be responsible for developing and delivering on new projects and programs in support of the overall community investment program
- Develop and maintain our employee giving program to engage our workforce in the company's community investment priorities and enable ongoing opportunities for employee community involvement
- Be the primary contact for external stakeholders and community partners, including close collaboration with a third party agency on public relations and communications activities associated with the program
- Maintain a strategic and direct working relationship with the Manager of Indigenous Relations and the Inclusion + Diversity committee to ensure continued alignment of the community investment strategy with our diversity goals
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications/Public Relations or Journalism, OR related education, OR equivalent experience (~4-5 years) in community investment (corporate or nonprofit)
- Knowledgeable in multimedia technology (Adobe Suite, Sharepoint, Escreen Software, etc)
- Strong writing, spelling and grammatical skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects; effective time management and organizational skills essential
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Availability to travel and attend events on behalf of the company, sometimes outside of regular working hours
- Understands and demonstrates the need for confidentiality and discretion as it relates to the community investment program and associated storytelling activities
The preferred location of this position is Bethune however, this position could work out of our Saskatoon location. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 8, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.