Reporting to the Senior Manager of Ramp-Up, the Energy Systems Engineer will provide technical guidance on thermal and electrical energy systems to support the Bethune Ramp-Up.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the technical development for thermal and electrical generation, transfer and conversion required to increase production capacity for Ramp-Up to meet the energy intensity targets of the project.
- Lead the technical investigation into potential energy source option such as renewable and alternate energy sources, co-generation options.
- Overall coordination of energy requirements for all areas, and project developed as part of Ramp-Up.
- Provide technical oversight for technology options and new technologies for both plant thermal and electrical systems.
- Support the overall process design with energy system modelling and process criteria for energy efficiency.
- Support the engineering team with the development of technical design criteria that promote energy efficiency and reduction of the overall energy intensity of production.
- Manage the identification and mitigation of energy risks on the project.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional engineering designation with a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical or mechanical engineering
- 8+ years’ experience in heavy industry or power generation
- Experience with alternative energy systems, co-generation or power generation
- Experience in FEED projects
- Effective communicator in both verbal and written forms
- Interpersonal skills including problem solving and consensus decision making, technical evaluation and report writing
The preferred location of this position is Bethune however, this position could work out of our Saskatoon location. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.