We are currently looking for Electrical Engineers across multiple teams at KSPC.
As a member of the Maintenance Engineering Team, you will:
Improve the Electrical Maintenance program by learning from system failures and recurrent issues
Support the Electrical Team from a technical, safety, training, documentation and procedural point of view
Lead small-scale change initiatives and being consulted for design input into larger projects
Support the Reliability Team by assessing electrical system and equipment reliability and its contribution to overall equipment and plant reliability
As a member of the Project Engineering or Ramp-up Feasibility team, you will:
- Review and/or develop electrical engineering drawings and documents in line with requirements relating to feasibility, standards, codes and K+S Potash Canada’s quality specifications. Work closely together with an engineering & execution consultant, design partners and other contractors.
- Conduct electrical design and analysis for power systems, motor control centres, switchgear, schematics, networks, and protection relaying.
- Provide overall electrical engineering discipline leadership with respect to specification development, plant standardization, correction of systemic technical issues and key decision making.
- Support the electrical engineering discipline within the K+S Potash Canada Capital Project and Technology Engineering group ensuring suitable technical support is provided to stakeholders.
- Project Management of K+S Potash Canada’s projects in line with this position’s area of technical expertise and/or projects of a defined level of complexity or scope.
- Cost and Budget Estimating of K+S Potash Canada’s projects in line with this position’s area of technical expertise and/or projects of a defined level of complexity or scope.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
B.Sc in Electrical Engineering (P.Eng or EIT)
3+ Years of Industrial Project Experience
Experience in project and engineering management
A strong commitment to safety
Self-motivated with proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organization and time management abilities
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The ideal candidate could be based at our Saskatoon or Bethune mine locations. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by July 17, 2022.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.