Reporting to the Senior Reliability Specialist, the Core Systems Reliability Specialist guides efforts to ensure the reliability and maintainability of electrical, instrumentation, and automation equipment, networks, and safety systems. Will define, design, develop and refine the Asset Maintenance Plan including value-added preventive maintenance tasks, spare parts strategies, preservation strategies, and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems. Will own and maintain the Plant FRACAS process for plant core systems. Analyze and trend data to raise alerts on parts and equipment health for timely action by maintenance. Design and report on key performance indicators for critical assets. Will conduct FMEAs on new equipment based on criticality and constantly review existing FMEAS for any change in FMEA key assumptions.
- Own the process to populate failure data in SAP, including corrections on failure codes and correct breakdown times and malfunction start and end times.
- Work with supervisor and trade specialist to align on associated equipment failure codes
- Perform initial set up of FLOCs for all new installations in alignment with the asset maintenance plan, support the planning team with ongoing maintenance of the FLOCs/BOMs/Spare parts.
- Populate BOMs with equipment-related M-numbers for materials and spare parts.
- Facilitate the RCM strategy including PM and PdM development process.
- Develop the PM/PdM templates and checklists for the Core Systems. Consider inspection reports with trendable data being managed differently from pure pass/fail inspections.
- Collect relevant electrical, instrumentation & automation information and enter M-number requests.
- Support (as required) the electrical & instrumentation maintenance specialist with strategy and planning of repetitive component failure.
- Monitor and audit reliability initiatives and report out on key Performance indicators for high criticality assets. Report on major risks to critical assets and facilitate the process of mitigating those risks in collaboration with Supervisors, Planners, Plant Engineers and Safety.
- Own the FRACAS facilitation function and be responsible for ensuring the information is correct, documented and stored in a structured way and is accessible on demand.
- Facilitate and document all FMEAS for critical assets including revisions after reviews. This will include revisions to any Spare inventory and type and any changes to PM task lists based on revised FMEA rankings.
- Own the Maintenance and Spare Part strategies on the high and medium critical assets. Request any M-Number creation associated with that strategy, define min/max stock and ensure with MM that everything is set up properly.
- Own asset management plans inclusive of criticality analysis, functional locations, and BOM Structure (breakdown of BOMs based on multiple level FLOCs in SAP).
- Ensure that all the PM work-related instructions exist and work with the Execution Specialist to create or modify them.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- A.Sc, BSc. Instrumentation, Electrical, Automation, or equivalent experience
- Reliability Centre Maintenance (RCM) certified
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong and fluent written and verbal skills in English
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and continually refine best-practice programs and policies related to subject matter
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment as applicable to subject matter
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
Your BenefitsBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.