Based at the Bethune mine, The Solution Mining Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of operating potash solution mining caverns and associated infrastructure within the Mining Department. The Solution Mining Engineer, along with other engineering and operations staff, will form a team responsible for the creation and operation of these caverns. As part of the initial training for this role, the Solution Mining Engineer will complete the on-site Production Operator, Mining training program. This 15 week program will provide the Solution Mining Engineer with a mix of classroom based and hands-on field experience to learn the Solution Mining process, equipment and team structure first hand.
The successful candidate will:
- Review sample data, trends and down hole wireline logs
- Plan and schedule wireline logging and service rig workovers as necessary
- Provide technical guidance to the Wellfield Supervisor and Production Operators
- Provide support for the Mining Operations department related to field equipment or operations decisions
- Assist in the creation and updates of operations-related documentation
- Provide design input for new Mining facilities and infrastructure
- Assist with Management-of-Change and continuous improvement initiatives within the Mining Department
- Provide procurement support for materials and services required for ongoing operations
- Assist with field operations tasks on occasion, as required
- Support operations by participating in an on-call engineer/supervisor rotation
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- B.Sc in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Geological, Industrial or Petroleum) or B.Sc. in Geology/Geoscience
- Ability to register with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) as a P.Eng./P.Geo. or an Engineer/Geoscientist-In-Training is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in mining, drilling, production engineering or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is mandatory
- Experience with data management and analysis tools such as MiniTab, SPSS, Python, R, or RapidMiner is an asset
- Strong communications and time management skills
- Able to write easily understandable technical reports
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as complete independent work assignments
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and challenges
- Able to safely work in an industrial atmosphere where equipment such as piping, valves and pumps are present
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive within the mine site.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
This position will be part of an Engineer Rotation Program.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 21st, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Your BenefitsGood People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.