Supply Chain Coordinator
The Supply Chain Coordinator (Rail, Port & Planning) will be responsible to coordinate an efficient and effective network planning for rail transportation including inventory management to ensure goods availability at the final shipping points to customers. Furthermore the individual will supervise the fleet activities and management of KSPC’s railcar fleet. The individual will interact with various supply chain partners, including internal K+S supply chain and logistics units as well as external business partner i.e. railways, port loading facilities. Major part of the individuals work will be done via K+S’s SAP systems. The Supply Chain Coordinator (Rail, Port & Planning) will work alongside the Supply Chain Coordinator (Port/Shipping & Planning) to secure smooth and successful rail and vessel operations and will be her/his backup.
The successful candidate will:
- Execute K+S’s rail distribution planning for internal shipments to warehouses and customer shipments based on weekly supply network planning runs in SAP SNP
- Ensure cost optimized utilization of load-out and transportation capacities (assets)
- Responsible to independently coordinate and plan rail shipments with K+S Minerals and Agriculture SCM unit and mine site staff on a regular basis including a proper monitor and control function of inventory levels
- Oversee availability of goods and loading capacities at mine site and port and take responsibility for the joint planning and scheduling between KPSC, CP Rail and Port facility along with the Supply Chain Coordinator (Port/Shipping & Planning)
- Plan on active Inventory Management to ensure goods availability at final shipping points to customers based on rolling forecast
- Inputting data accurately and efficiently into K+S SAP ERP System and assure that appropriate transactions are completed in the appropriate manner
- Audit rail related invoices for accuracy
- Maintain an overview for the group of the forecasted operations
- Coordination of external logistics service providers incl. troubleshooting
- Coordination of weekly planning alignment meetings with LT team, Bethune site and K+S Minerals and Agriculture and K+S NA
- Align weekly rail shipping program with internal and external parties
- Master Data Input of key data’s in an accurately and efficiently manner or coordinate with involved parties
- Communicate effectively with all requisitioning departments and arrange for proper information exchanges
- Coordinate and align with Senior Specialist Logistics & Transportation (Rail) and Shipping Coordinator (Bethune) as key contacts
- Responsible for working on rail related QM messages in SAP
- Creation and support to establishing a functional fleet supervision of KSPC’s railcar fleet
- Management of the fleet and coordination to achieve optimized usage of the fleet
- Coordination and execution of all aspects of a fleet and bad-order-car management
- Supervision of the fleet whereabouts via complex IT-Systems
- Coordination and consultation with mine site staff in terms of empty car availability
- Annual fleet budgeting, monitor the prompt placement of bad ordered cars into repair facilities and their return into service
- Controlling of above activities with an established KPI system to ensure quality of the actions taken
- Independent realization and initiation of counter measures if quality goals are not achieved
- Implement Supply Network Planning and coordinate daily use of the IT tool
- Support the continued development of and maintaining existing standards (processes and procedures) for interaction between K+S units during operations for domestic business
- Support the development of and subsequently document the domestic logistics management processes regarding interaction between unit being involved
- Provide IT support and training
- Coordinate and align with Senior Specialist Logistics & Transportation (Rail) and the Supply Chain Coordinator (Port/Shipping & Planning)
- Establish a calculation to supervise and anticipate the needs to the railcar fleet based on given production and sales data
- Herby focus on a monthly, quarterly and yearly outlook about the anticipated fleet utilization
- Provide qualitative feedback to Senior Manager and Senior Specialist Logistics & Transportation (Rail) on current setup will be working or short term leases respectively long-term leases might be needed
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Business Administration Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in controlling and/or logistics and supply chain
- SAP experience an asset
- Affinity to numbers and accounting/controlling needed
- Accounting/controlling experience is considered an asset
- German language skills are considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in uncertain situations and ability to adapt well to change
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by January 3, 2022.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.