This position will perform one of two roles (and may switch between at discretion of management) over the course of the Ramp-up project feasibility project work.
As the Process Engineer your will either directly support the Ramp-up Feasibility project team with process analysis and process design or work in the Operations Process Engineering group to resolve process issues, complete process design, analyze process changes according to the Management of Change (MOC) process, work to improve process efficiency and be responsible for technical aspects of the process.
As a member of the Ramp-up Feasibility team the Process Engineer will the responsible for:
- Completion of thorough, accurate and timely process modeling and process design in support of the ramp-up project process design development through feasibility engineering steps (concept through basic engineering)
- Develop process design options for wet processing systems, dry processing systems, utilities and energy systems, potash storage and loading systems
- Responsible to work with project coordination and discipline engineering design teams to develop process design deliverables including various heat and mass balances, flow diagrams, process control concept development, process equipment specification development and vendor reviews
- Organize and collaborate on process operational reviews, process design basis development with Operations teams to ensure that their input is fully captured and integrated into options analysis and process design specification/criteria development
As a member of the Operations Process Engineering team:
- Ensure process operational issues are resolved by working with departments in an expedient and sustainable fashion
- Completion of thorough, accurate and timely process modeling
- Process modeling with SysCAD, Fathom, IDEAS, EXCEL.
- Process design analysis, reviews, input and develop and support process reporting, ensuring timely and concise reporting as required (verbal and written) for projects, improvements and presentations
- Collaboration with process engineering team, engineering disciplines, process operations and design, maintenance and Process Analytics Lab personnel to ensure thorough, accurate and timely process modeling and process efficiency improvements
- Evaluate and analyze key process variables at reasonable frequencies (daily/weekly/monthly control charts) and provide input for areas of potential improvement
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting, potash experience strongly preferred
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) certification or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status with APEGS
- Process design experience required
- Interpersonal skills including problem solving and collaborative decision making, technical evaluation and communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs including EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint, Visio, SAP.
- Experience with process modelling software preferred
- Effective communicator both in verbal and written (presentation) form
- Works well in a team environment, time efficient, persistent and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly technical work environment
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Jan 31, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
We Enrich Your LifeSummary:
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.