The IT Business Consultant’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, human resources, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. As well, this role is responsible to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of internal and external stakeholders. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments. The IT Business Consultant will manage IT solution and platform implementations by overseeing all aspects of project management. Additionally, this role is responsible for the administration of several operational systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project requirements, impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project teams to prioritize collected requirements.
- Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and on scope
- Oversee all aspects of projects - set timelines, milestones, and deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize project progress, and prepare project status reports
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers and project team members.
- Manage and track the status of user, functional, and technical requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements – verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Offer Tier 1/2 support for application and platform incident ticket resolution
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software problems. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Conduct research on software products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA/testing of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years progressive work experience providing support as an IT Business Consultant, Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Systems Administrator, or similar.
- Experience with HR Management Systems, especially Workday, is highly desired.
- Accompanying certifications would be considered an asset.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products and documenting business and IT processes
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the following applications would be considered an asset:
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Health and Safety applications (Sphera, SAP EHSM)
- Quality Management (SAP QM)
- SAP ERP and Analytics
- Specialized or technical knowledge of the following would be considered an asset:
- Signavio and Process Intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various levels in the organization
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as international travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by December 12, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.