2nd Class Power Engineer
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of Power House.
- Maintains continuous, trouble free Power House performance at established standard performance rates making necessary adjustment as required to optimize consumption of resources, which involves minor machinery, processing and equipment adjustment and maintenance.
- Works within all Company Policies/Standards and Collective Agreement.
- Complies with Environmental Regulations, ABSA Guidelines, and Product Quality Control Standards.
- Adheres to all Facility safety and environmental regulations.
- Completes and issues appropriate Safety Permits as required.
- Participates and Supports Company Safety Initiatives.
- Ensures plant optimization, process improvement and trouble shooting of Power House within designated shift.
- Completes detailed documentation and reporting of shift operations, maintenance and/or safety issues relating to the Power House.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and legality.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of shift inspection checklists, data sheets, log books and inventories of chemicals relevant to Power House.
- Supports reliability and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Operation of Potable Water Treatment Plant.
- Participates in Company Lock-out/ Tag-out program
- Other tasks include, but not limited to, lifting and working around hot surfaces with exposure to salt dust & noise.
- Performing shift housekeeping tasks such as sweeping/washing floors, equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Maybe required to work as maintenance and or relief operator (8hr schedule with some twelve hour shifts)
- Maybe required to work some overtime.
- Will be required to train operators as to proper operation of Power House to ensure operator knowledge.
SKILLS and Education Required
Desired 2nd Class Power Engineer
Minimum ABSA 3rd Class Permit with temporary 2nd Class Permit.
Capable of effectively functioning in a fast paced and dynamic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and function within a Union Setting.
- Competent with MS Office Products such as Word and Excel
Job Type: Full-time