Administrative Assistant (Health, Safety, Security, Environment, Facilities and Quality)
This position is responsible for the general administration, organization of workflow and department activities to support the Health, Safety, Security, Environment, Facilities and Quality department.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide diverse administrative support to the HSSEQ department across two locations, including document management, coordinating department travel, ordering supplies, preparing meetings and meeting minutes, managing calendars, preparing expense claims, preparing and formatting of documents, assists with budgeting, memos, presentations, surveys, etc.
- Provide support for the Saskatoon based facilities function including building(s) contractor management and maintenance, rental properties and fleet vehicle management.
- Support corporate-wide HSSEQ program development and maintenance including continual improvement of the organization’s health and safety, emergency response, crisis management and corporate security activities. This includes corporate HSSEQ procedural development, training, new employee orientation, emergency response, contractor pre-qualifications and other related duties.
- Provide research and support for programs and plans within HSSEQ departments.
- Supports the management and tracking of consultants and third party service providers.
- Assist in tracking, monitoring and reporting of incidents, training, security access control, CCTV monitoring and emergency on-call.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years of office experience.
- Office administration certificate or equivalent.
- Experience working in an industrial setting with knowledge of one or all of the above Health, Safety, security, environment, facilities and quality areas is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in the ability to work with Microsoft Office products with specific emphasis on Microsoft Excel. (SAP experience an asset)
- Excellent communication, planning and organization skills and an advanced ability to independently manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Occasional travel to Bethune site (1-2 times per month) will be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 24, 2021.
We Enrich Your LifeBy living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
This is UsWe enrich life through the sustainable extraction and refinement of minerals to indispensable products and through our working environment, which is unique. Because it stands for everything that really matters in life: Trust, team spirit and meaningfulness for 11,000 employees at 50 locations on five continents. Welcome to K + S.
Be part of our team
Apply by 10/24/21